Invisalign® Clear Braces – Chesterton, IN
Straightening Teeth Without
Metal Brackets or Wires
If you have crooked or unevenly spaced teeth that leave you embarrassed by your own smile in photographs, orthodontic treatment might make all the difference. Of course, for working adults, having brackets and wires on your teeth for the next two or three years of your career is hardly an inviting prospect! But at Advanced Dental Concepts, we can offer Invisalign® Clear Braces in Chesterton, IN as a sophisticated and convenient alternative. Contact us today to schedule a consultation so we can determine whether you’re a viable candidate for this treatment.
Why Choose Advanced Dental Concepts
for Invisalign® Clear Braces?
- Attractive Alternative to Metal Braces
- No Diet Restrictions
- Straighter Smiles in 8 to 18 Months on Average
The Invisalign Treatment Process
A series of clear, plastic aligners will be created based on impressions taken of your mouth. The aligners are designed to gradually shift the teeth towards their intended alignment, and each one is usually worn for about two weeks before you move on to the next. While your aligners won’t need adjustments, you will need a checkup every six weeks so that we can monitor your progress and address any concerns; in some cases, you might need to wear an aligner longer than originally planned.
Indications for Invisalign
Obviously, Invisalign can help straighten crooked teeth, but that’s not the only orthodontic issue it can address. Depending on the severity of your condition, you might be able to use Invisalign to correct crowded teeth, spacing issues, and a misaligned bite.
It’s hard to clean teeth that are too close together, meaning gum disease and tooth decay can more easily develop in the areas that you can’t reach. Invisalign can adjust your teeth so that there’s enough space for you to practice proper oral hygiene.
Spaces Between Teeth
A large space between your teeth can be embarrassing, especially if a piece of food gets caught in the gap. Your Invisalign aligners can help bring your teeth closer together in a pleasing fashion.
If you have an overbite, underbite, or crossbite, it can lead to teeth grinding and jaw pain, both of which can cause several oral health issues if they go unaddressed for too long. Invisalign can be used to correct a wide array of bite alignment issues, allowing your jaw to rest comfortably.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign® Treatment?
There are many reasons why adult and teenage patients tend to favor Invisalign over traditional braces. For example:
- The aligners can be taken out before meals or during routine cleanings. You won’t have to worry about avoiding foods that could damage your appliance, and you’ll be able to brush and floss as you normally would. It’s even possible to take out your aligners for about an hour or so if you don’t want to wear them during an important event or while having your picture taken (as long as you’re still wearing them for 20 to 22 hours every day).
- It’s very hard for casual observers to notice Invisalign aligners while they’re in your mouth unless they already know what to look for. Without any brackets and wires to get in the way, there’s less chance of your orthodontic appliance drawing attention away from your dazzling smile.
- Braces are sometimes worn for 2 to 3 years; Invisalign treatment normally lasts an average of 8 to 18 months (with the exact time depending on the individual case).